Monday, September 19, 2005

Notes on Nothing

Well, a week without posting isn't so bad. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Work seems odd now after so many weeks away. It's not helped by the fact that I have only had one full workweek since I returned. Three of my weekends in September are 3 day weekends. It would be great if I had the money to go anywhere. Basically I'm left to sit around and try not to spend too much.

Like I posted before, this month is the birthday month. Mine was the 7th, Ana's roommate Erin had hers on the 15th. Damien is this Friday and Amanda's is next Sunday. My roommate Tracey celebrates hers on the 1st of October, which for proximity's sake, we can add here. So that's a lot of birthdays to prepare for. And since they all got me nice things, I'm gonna have to scrounge up some sort of knickknack to give them. Giving presents always makes me nervous. I don't enjoy getting presents I can't use or consume. The worst are things that serve no real purpose, not even decorative, but will sit in the back of your closet or sit on display only when that person comes over. Since that's how I feel, I'd hate to give someone a present like that. Much better a good experience or something consumable. That's why I like giving bottles of wine so much. It's more enjoyable. Oh well, I'm sure something will come up. I just haven't decided yet.

And that's my note on nothing for today. Maybe I'll tap something up tomorrow. It's steak night, so I'm gonna plug myself full of steak.

No comments: