Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So...Happy New Year!

Sorry for not posting, I've been having so much fun here at home, I haven't had much time to do anything communication-related. Well, sorta. I've just not felt like posting lately. I always mean to, but nothing ever comes up. Xmas was fun, I got to see the whole family together for the first time in couple years (only because I haven't been there). We had a huge Xmas lunch/dinner with roast beef, mashed potatoes, etc., all topped off with my favorite of desserts, persimmon pudding. Yummm, droooool. The week in between was spent seeing old friends, especially the Zionsville crew. I'm amazed at how much everyone's matured. Most of the people are in semi-serious relationships, even the people avowedly not so 2 years ago.

I also got to see my good friend Sam from Purdue. She and I kept having psychology courses together and got to chatting. We really hung out only in the last semester there and the year before I took off for Japan, but I feel that I know her really well. She's one of those glowing people who makes everything, even going to see the late showing of "Brokeback Mountain," fun and entertaining. Hopefully, she'll come visit in Japan. Right, Sam? ;)

New Year's was spent drinking with the Z'ville crew and the first day of 2006 I spent lazing around the house, too tired to move. My family had our traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner, something that I've heard is a tradition, but I don't know anyone else who does that. If anyone has heard of this, please let me know.

This week will be spent arranging everything to go back to Japan. I'm still allotted only 50 pounds (23kg), and I think everything will be jammed in again. This won't be fun. I also have all my dinners for this week planned out. Tonight is buffalo wings, tomorrow is Japanese dinner at Ana's, Thursday is steak dinner at home, and my last meal Friday will be roast turkey breast, something I've been craving almost since I left the last time.

Last of all, here's your dose of cuteness. Imagine living in this world, and you can imagine being in Japan.

No comments: