You know how they always tell you to wash your cutting board real well between cutting chicken and veggies, and how dangerous raw chicken can be? Well, last week we went to one of our favorite yakitori (like chicken shishkebabs) restaurants for dinner. On a whim, we decided to point to something on the menu we didn't know and try it. What came out was, of course, raw chicken. It'd been sliced and seemed to be slightly boiled or seared on the outside, but it was as raw as you can get on the inside. We must've looked pretty weirded out, because the waiter gave them to us free of charge. We ate it though, and nobody got sick or anything. I don't know if I'd have it again, but it wasn't that bad. That doesn't mean you can go to the store and start gnawing on raw chicken out of the meat counter. I think it's prepared similar the raw fish here, which is frozen to kill the bacteria and then thawed and served.
In other news, I'm moving house this week. The new place looks really homey, thanks to my roommate Tracey who has decorated everything. She spent all of yesterday organizing and unpacking her things. My room, however, is a total disaster, and half the stuff isn't even moved yet. I got a friend of mine with a car to give me a hand. He'll probably come over tonight also and help move stuff around. I'll be spending all my free time this week cleaning both rooms and organizing the mountain of knickknacks and random junk I've accumulated here.